Cross platform mobile strategies to grow acquisition, discoverability and monetization
- Dissecting the developer/publisher relationship - Find out the keys to building effective, long-term partnerships on hit mobile games.
- Investigating F2P monetization - We share the latest best practice strategies to help you boost revenue for your game titles.
- Understanding user acquisition - An expert team of user acquisition specialists will break down their keys to finding new audiences at prices that won't break the bank.
- Tackling the tablet market - Evaluate the plethora of new entrants to the marketplace, as we help you identify the tablets that offer the best ROI for your development budget.
- Navigating the funding frenzy - From acceleration to crowdfunding programs, we'll explain the steps needed to find the right funding opportunities for your business
Head of Games Business Development
SVP Mobile & Social
GamesBeat at VentureBeat
Maximize Discoverability, Retention and Cross-Platform Revenue
- Discoverability - Strategies to get in front of your audience anywhere and on any device
- Analytics - Use the right analytics tools to pre-empt player behaviour and boost player retention and monetization
- Mechanics - Create games that will keep players hooked for months not weeks, implementing mechanics that will get more players paying
- Multi-platform - Understand the nuances of different platforms and build games that excel wherever you publish - iOS, Android, tablet or smartphone
- F2P Formula - Gain insight into the formula for success, from player acquisition, to monetization - hear why so many have failed to translate one success into a second and what the companies with successive hits are doing right
The mobile revolution shows no sign of slowing up as global market size is forecast to almost double from $13bn in 2013 to $22bn in 2015 (Gartner). The demogrqphics of gamers has changed with the average age of a gamer today being 37 and 42% are women. Furthermore, the ubiquity of connected devices, global uptake of smartphones and widespread access to the internet mean that you have access to literally millions more players today than a few years ago - and that figure is only rising.
But an array of challenges still remain:
- Platform ubiquity - iOS and Android are the main contenders, but while iOS by design make publishing across Apple devices effortless, Android requires more work - especially when entering the lucrative AsiaPac and LatAm regions where hardware specification Is often very basic
- Business models - 95% of mobile gaming revenue comes from F2P, it is no surprise that all the major players trying to enter this lucrative market. But converting free players to payers is not easy, Clash of Clans converts 10% of players to payers, while other titles can struggle to convert 1% - and sustaining spending over a longer period is another challenge altogether
- Player acquisition and retention - Player acquisition remains a huge challenge and producing successive hits is tough, but companies like King and Supercell are defying trends by building brands and retaining audiences across titles. A core understanding of their target audience and the analytics tools to match are central to their success, both will be at Mobile Gaming USA
- Emerging markets - Entering developing markets carries inherent risks: Potential for regulation in China, the need for a trusted local partner and localization (of content and language). However, as emerging markets outpace developed economies, the benefits can outweigh the risks
Fortunately, the industries key business leaders are coming together to answer these challenges and more, during two days intense discussions and networking at the USA’s leading Mobile Gaming Summit.
Mobile Gaming USA - Your roadmap to success in mobile
The video games industry’s biggest players including Unity, SGN, Google Play, Facebook, Glu, King and many more will come together to tackle the industry’s burning questions and provide your business with the perfect platform for mobile gaming success.
An amazing faculty of speakers:
- Chris DeWolfe, CEO, SGN
- Bob Meese, Head of Games Business Development, Google Play
- Steve Carlin, Global Head of Gaming, Facebook
- TBC, Glu
- TBC, King
- Gordon Bellamy, Senior Advisor, iDreamsky
- Alejandro Manchado, Business Development Lead Gaming, Google
- Pepe Agell, Head of International, Chartboost
- Wanda Meloni, Founder & Senior Analyst, M2 Research
- Dean Takahashi, Lead Writer GamesBeat, VentureBeat
- Andrew Sheppard, COO, GREE
- Chip Lange, SVP Mobile & Social, EA
- Ric Neil, Senior Director, Americas, Bee7 (Outfit7)
Over 180 senior publishing/development mobile gaming executives will be in attendance to build valuable partnerships, form mobile strategy and position their business for long term success. The industry researched agenda will equip you with the business critical information you need.
The 3rd Annual Mobile Gaming USA 2014 has been put together after months of extensive research and following the hugely successful chain of events in Europe and the USA. Designed to deliver the business critical answers around F2P business models, player acquisition and platform strategies that will drive forward growth in your business. Our expert speakers are leaders in the industry and will deliver in-depth analysis on:
- The best discoverability tools
- Aanalytics solutions that will drive retention and monetization
- Game mechanics that will improve player experience and drive conversion rates higher and higher
- F2P strategies to beat the competition and create the next global blockbuster
- Leverage existing players and IPs and grow revenues in the fastest growing sector in games
3 important reasons you need to attend Mobile Gaming USA
- Exclusive market insights: Mobile Gaming USA brings you the leading experts in the space delivering the strategies and insights that are driving forward the most successful companies in mobile today
- Extended networking opportunities: Organised dinners, 2 evening networking parties and a host of networking sessions! This summit will give your team the opportunity to meet with all the industry’s biggest players, to enable you to build partnerships and do business with the greatest innovators in video games
- Product launches & expo: The perfect forum with leaders from across the industry, our events always feature exclusive product launches and essential expo zones from the most innovative players in video games today
Reserve your place today for the hottest ticket in town
Reserve your place today and you’ll get a front row seat to hear from the biggest names in video games talking about the monetization issues that impact you most. Expert speakers such as Chris DeWolfe, CEO, SGN, Bob Meese, Head of Games Business Development, Google Play, Steve Carlin, Global Head of Gaming, Facebook and many more!
Video Games Intelligence
T: +44 207 375 7547